DOUBLE NEGATIVES: Avoiding double negatives 1
Complete each of the answers, making sure you don't use double negatives:
1. Q: Do you have any brothers or sisters?
A: No, I _____________ none.
2. Q: Did he tell you when he'd be back?
A: No, _____________ told me anything.
3. Q: Did you see the teacher in the parking lot?
A: No, I didn't see _____________.
4. Q: Can I borrow some sugar from you?
A: I'm sorry, I don't have _____________.
5. Q: Are you going to be around for the next hour?
A: I am. I'm not going _____________.
6. Q: Would you like something to drink?
A: No, I don't want _____________.
7. Q: Can you spare some change?
A: Sorry, I can't. I hardly have _____________ myself.
8. Q: Did she say where she was going this weekend?
A: No, she _____________ nothing.
9. Q: Where are you going on vacation?
A: _____________. I'm staying home and relaxing.
10. Q: What's Rebecca like?
A: I wish I could tell you, but I _____________ know her.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.