SAT/Grade 12 vocabulary 5
Which of the three words best completes each of the following sentences?
1. The manager ________________ the workers for doing their job so poorly.
2. She was taking care of the ________________ cats that were living in the cave next to her house.
3. He wanted more and more money. Nothing could ________________ his greed.
4. You should come up with something more original instead of just rehashing that old ________________.
5. Her kids are quite ________________. They do almost everything she asks them to do.
6. The measures were supposed to ________________ drivers from drinking and driving.
7. The ________________ of the crowd was too much too bear. She found herself wishing they would all shut up.
8. Unlike Jim's chaotic, confusing statement, Maria's statement was concise and ________________ .
9. Many of the disciples failed to complete the master's ________________ assignments.
10. A writer of great ________________, he has sold over three million books worldwide.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016-2020 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.